Thursday, March 21, 2024

Brotherly Love

Ma sent Babee to stay with me and the pack for a while. She said he was needing me. Sure was good watching my little brother comin' towards me, picking up speed when he eyed me. 

I had to have a talk with him before he went off to be cuddled by the females and catching up with his pals. Ma told me he's starting to back-talk, and I should have some words with him. I figured... better me, than her... for his own good. 😂


With steady eye contact and raised eyebrows, I came straight out with it. 

Babee, I grunted. You been back-talkin' Ma?

No, Omar! Who said so?

Ma, said so.

Glaring down to escape my gaze, with uneasy fidgeting, Oh! Is this about the mud?...

"Who said I was playing in mud again."
"I do not smell like poop."
"Bath for what?"
"I'm hungry!"

Boy was I sorry, Omar! Ma gave me three baths, and I didn't eat 'til after she washed me. Then she put me in time-out 'til I stopped complaining. 


Bet I won't be sassin' Ma again, Babee yelped, raising his head to meet my softening gape while moving closer, then nuzzling me.

Can't say I didn't warn you, I snorted, as we began moseying over to our friends.

Babee stayed and played. When he got tired, he was ready to get back home to Ma.




No comments:

Post a Comment