Sunday, November 1, 2020

Babee Blue and the impatient neighbors



My pack is howling. We're reminiscing this evening, about when Babee first came home to me and Ma. He was a handful. My friends around the neighborhood couldn't wait to see him. They came in disguises but they didn't fool us for a minute.

Join us. I'll start from the beginning...back then...

   

My new little brother is here. Ma says I can take him to K-9 Town to play with the other puppies soon. They're waiting for him. In the meantime, I'm teaching him stuff. 

My neighborhood friends want to help but Ma says she and I can do it. I know them, they just want to play with him, anyway.

Some of them tried to fool us, so Ma wouldn't know who they were.


"Hi Ms. Omar Blue's Mama. I'm not Judy Lambert's boy, Baloo the Rottie. I'm a farmer boy. Can I come in and help you with somethin."

Ma recognized him. "Baloo, I know it's you! Git back home."

"It ain't me!" he yapped peering over his shoulder, as he trotted away pondering his next attempt. 

A little later we heard noise on the back patio.


"Hello. I'm lost and I don't live around the corner with Valrie Mansfield. That's another Moose. I'm tired. Can I come in to rest a bit? You gotta puppy in there, who can git me some water?" 

Ma squinted her eyes and moved closer for a better look. "I know it's you, Moose. We don't need help with training. You go right back home. And be careful!"

As Moose scurried away Ma couldn't contain herself. She laughed out loud.

Then... Just as things got quiet again, there was a low bark at the door.


"Hello Omar's Mama. I'm with the law. I been sent here to train a puppy. I may look like Dr. Watson from next door, but I'm not him. Send the puppy out!"

"You are too Dr. Watson!" Ma blurted out. "You get home right now before I call Erik and Jodie over here and tell them what you're up to."

Dr. Watson turned and darted out of our yard, into his. Ma laughed so hard, she couldn't control herself.

We've started Babee's training... 




Tomorrow I'm going to round up my friends. Obviously, me and Ma need all the help we can get.

Babee Blue's gonna to fit in with the naughty little pups at K-9 Town just fine. I won't tell Ma but I like him just like he is. Feisty!

* **
Hope you enjoyed reminiscing with me and my pack. Babee's a big boy now. I'm not living at home, but he visits us here at K-9 Town often, and he's taking care of Ma just fine. See...


Come back soon. Love to all.

Omar 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment