Saturday, June 15, 2013

All Went Well At Northside Family Learning Center

I was a guest reader at the Northside Family Learning Center Friday evening. Their Read Center presented "Reading in the Round."

I read chapters from book two of my Omar Blue saga,  Led By An Eagle, to adult students and coordinators and loved every minute of  being in this wonderful place.

The listeners were very enthusiastic, asking questions and I hope saying to themselves, "If she can do it, I can too."

Daughter Joy was with me, of course. She made a fine production out of the giveaway raffle of two books, packing each raffle ticket in a pretty gift bag with candy in it. I think I can say our audience had a good time and we had a ball.

All thanks to the event coordinator, Ms. Leslie Harper.  Thank you Leslie.



Omar Blue couldn't come with us. So to make sure he and his K9 Town pack didn't miss anything, he brought in five of the K9 Town Peepers, remember them.

The Peepers take everything in and let it out when they get back with Omar and the pack.  Look at those eyes. They don't miss a thing. We put them to work taking care of some of the candy/raffle ticket bags. Had to think of something to keep them busy.

 
When we got home Omar had already left for K9 Town. He later told me the whole pack was excited about the event and were waiting impatiently for the Peepers.
 
Of course they made it into a celebration. That's K9 Town.
 
 




 It's always kind of sad when they have to go. They're so cute. Peeper Pa Pa (brown one) stayed to keep me company.

It was a long, gratifying day. I had fallen asleep watching television when I heard Omar's footsteps later Friday night. He was making a sound that said he'd enjoyed whatever the Peepers had told them.

He just loves hearing about his adventures. Such a ham.

Profiling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------


I close with a serious thank you to the Northside Family Learning Center for the wonderful reception you gave us and for all you do for the community. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment