Sunday, November 26, 2023

Thanksgiving Day at K-9 Town - 2023

 



 
Ma wanted to supply Thanksgivin' turkeys for the pack. If it were up to her, the pack would be as spoiled as I used to be. Can't let that happen... Can't let some already caught turkeys upset the balance at K-9 Town. 

We're self-sufficient. Would mean our downfall if we weren't. Easy eatin' wouldn't be a good thing here. 

Ma understood but couldn't help offering. It's just her way.
 
Babee spent Thanksgiving at K-9 Town. He had a good time with his young friends. He's a part of the family here. The pack loves him like their own, and that's sayin' a lot.
 


He's such a little rascal. He'd be looking for fixed turkey leftovers when he got back home to Ma. Can't say I blame him. 
 
Ma and me came to an agreement. I'll let her tell you about it...
 



Ma: Glad to, Omar. Hope everyone had as good a day as we did.
 
Omar and me came to an understanding regarding how our pack celebrates Thanksgiving. Though I love the fact that they celebrate holidays and usually drag me into them, Thanksgiving is different...
 
While conferring with my Omar Blue
An idea came to me
Turkeys for our K-9 Pack

They celebrate too you see.


I offered him some turkeys
Then saw him smack his lips
But instead of accepting the turkeys
He offered me some tips.

Said, Ma you always mean well
And turkey sure taste good
But it ain’t the way we do things
Though it’s nice to know we could.
 
The puppies will be playin'
 
 Never knowin' what their missin'
Throughout the day they're running back

Seeking nothing more than kissin'.
 

Now doesn’t this sound good Ma
Handling it the natural way

I had to admit it sounded great
For a Happy Thanksgiving Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment