Monday, July 15, 2013

Omar Blue and the K9 Town Ballgames

I knew something was up when Omar Blue didn’t get excited to go with me for a long walk, then a ride.

He finally had to tell me what was up (in that way we have of communicating.) At first I didn’t believe it, but after thinking about it for a few seconds something came to mind.

I have something to tell you Ma

Omar has his own Facebook page and he’s been running around Facebook recruiting his doggie friends to play ball against his K9 Town team. He says they play at K9 Town, USA and after the games have fun together. Each team brings their own ball. He said they were having two games that day and his friends were waiting to go. I said, “Waiting where, Omar?”
That’s when he asked me to come over to the window. I said to myself, “Oh no, not again!”
Two team leaders, with team balls were in the yard waiting for him. I couldn’t believe my eyes. There was no mistaking what they were there for.
 

Wait until they see our moves. Come on Omar!

The teams had gone ahead with Lab-Dal Major Diggs and Rottie Brady, Omar said. What could I say, considering we all know who started all of this, “Go ahead Omar, have a good time.”
 

My mind raced as I formulated my plan. I was going to see the games!


We're gonna kick some big dog butt today, ha, ha
 
It didn’t quite work out as I planned. Again, my mojo wasn’t working right.  By the time I got there and found my hiding spot it was late and the games were almost over.
 
I did manage to see Omar make a play. He was spectacular. Those dogs were having so much fun. No scores, no winners or losers.

Females and puppies from all three teams were on the sidelines, howling and barking and having a ball. How Omar managed this I’ll never know, nor will I ask.

I decided this was no place for me. Maybe that’s why I had such a hard time getting there this time.

Coming your way!!

It’s really amazing having a dog that leads two lives. I don’t think I’ll ever learn that I only belong in one of them. Then again, I don’t think that’s how Omar Blue wants it either.
 
I knew you all would have a hard time believing this one which is why I took these pictures to support my true tale. Like I always say, "Pictures don't lie.
 
Or do they."
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment