Thursday, June 20, 2019

Omar Blue, Ma and The Undercover Sting


 
Babee Blue wants to hear about the wonderful things Omar and his pack do. He loves his big brother and his wilderness family.

I have so many of their deeds to talk about that it's easy to pick another one.

This one is different. I was there. I thought I could help.

I'm coming, Babee….




We had just finished breakfast
Omar Blue and me
There was something on his mind that morning
I was always able to see.

Omar why not just tell me, I asked
Get it off your chest
You know I'll find out anyway 
Telling now would be best.

When he looked across the table
I knew I'd won the bout
He knew I wouldn't be satisfied
Until he let it out.
 



What I heard was very alarming
I would never have foreseen
He said they were going undercover
Him, Major Diggs and Sophie Jean.

He was hearing a "cry" from a bad, bad place
Where they board dogs during the day
But then they follow the people home
And kidnap their dogs away.

We can't let this go on Ma
So this is what we're gonna do
Me, Major Diggs and Poodle Sophie Jean
Gonna see if this is true.

Soon after Omar was on his way
I got ready because I knew
The place that he was talking about
So I would go there too.

It didn't take me very long
Though my thoughts weren't really clear
When I got there it had happened
They were caged when I came near.

 

Ma what are you doing here
Why'd you follow me
Don't worry Omar I'll get you out
Stand back, I can do it, you'll see.

No, no said Omar and Major Diggs
This is what we had to do
My pack will be here pretty soon
Hurry home, this can't involve you. 

I ran quick like a bunny
At least that's what I thought
I heard some noise but didn't look back
It was home now that I sought.

 

I got home in a jiffy
Omar Blue came in about three
I avoided looking directly at him
But saw he was looking at me.

He told me about the rescue
I was proud of my big guy
But he didn't explain so I'll never know
How he heard the puppies' "cry."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Special thanks to the proprietors of the beautiful Broughton's Country Kennel in Midlothian, VA.  for letting me use their facility to bring you another "true tale."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment