Tuesday, April 23, 2019

So proud of my baby brother, Babee Blue, Esq. - Attorney with Paws

Omar Blue, Esq. - Attorney with Paws
I've told you about me representing mistreated and misjudged dogs when I lived at home with Ma.

My baby brother Babee Blue, has taken up where I left off by aiding those who need our help. I trained him well, hoping we'd get to work together. This is just as good. We keep close eyes on him and will be right beside him if he needs us. We can do that.

Ma won't tell us how we can do what we do. That's her secret so don't ask.

Babee Blue, Esq. - Attorney with Paws

There was a time, when we settled things differently. But Ma convinced me to control myself better because I have to set a good example for my pack.

She made me promise, after we did a pretty wild rescue of some of the puppies that were being mistreated at the time. She witnessed it, unfortunately.

This is how Ma tells what happened that day.....

Omar was complaining because I wouldn't let him out until he put his bones away. I caught him trying to sneak out the back door. I could tell by the way he was dressed in his cap and bling, he was on his way to the hood to see some of his buddies.






"Oh no you don't!" I told him. Bones away first."


Off he went into his room to hide more bones.

I was silently laughing as he walked away. Then it came! One of those sounds that always sends mixed feelings through me. A low bark.


Omar had dashed from his room before I even heard it. "Ma, I'll be right back," he said as he ran by me.


Of course, I ran straight for the window.




 
Oh no! It was Freedom, from K-9 Town, and he was pacing.
 
I love Freedom but he never comes unless there is a big problem. I could tell this was the case from their body language.
 
 
When Omar came back in, he was moving fast. He was no longer my baby boy, he was Omar Blue, pack leader.
 
"I gotta go, Ma," he said. "They got The Dog Called Horse."
 
"Oh no!" was all I could get out.
 
"The Dog Called Horse" was the nicest super large dog you'd ever want to meet. We call him Horse for short.

 
Omar said, "He found a place where little puppies were being abused; instead of waiting for Freedom as they had planned, he went by himself. He got caught and they took the puppies back too.
 
I told Freedom to take some of the K-9 Town pack with him. They'll get the puppies.
 
I'm taking some of the others. We're going after Horse. Don't worry Ma, I'll be back as soon as we get him."


 
Oh my gosh! I had to go too. Maybe I could help. I grabbed my camera (habit) as I called upon my Mojo to work. Thank goodness it did.
 
When I came out of my trance, I was in an unfamiliar place, on a street I'd never seen before. I don't know how much time had passed and I have to admit I was a little afraid that getting home wouldn't be as easy.
 
There were other people on the street, all looking in one direction.
 
It didn't take long to see why!
 
I started hearing dog noises and from around the corner they came! I recognized my K-9 Town pooches instantly, running fast, with The Dog Called Horse in the lead.
 
They had got him! Thank goodness. Like Omar said they would. But now they were being chased.
 
 
I didn't like the fact that Omar was in the very back, knowing what a fast runner he is. But he had told me, that's how he makes sure none of his pack are left behind.
 
Though the rider after them was fast, somehow Omar and his pack out-distanced him. I'd never seen anything like it. Their feet were barely touching the ground as they ran by.
 
After Omar Blue and his pack had passed, I waited until I saw their chaser return without them to call on my Mojo to get me back home. I was trying to be cool but was very relieved when I got back.
 
It was only then that I could look back on what had happened.
 
Wow! What an adventure.
 
Omar came home a little later. His friends dropped him off with his assurance that he would be following shortly.
 
 
When he came in, I asked about "The Dog Called Horse" and the puppies. He said Horse was fine and he had promised he would never do anything like that again. "His heart is always in the right place, Ma, but he's a little hard-headed sometimes."
 
At that, I said to myself, "Look who is talking." 
 
He said the puppies were safe and already enjoying the loving care of the K-9 Town females. We both knew, Freedom and the others would leave no stone unturned until they found the puppies and got them to K-9 Town.
 
As Omar started to leave to catch up with his pack, I jokingly asked, "Weren't you supposed to be putting your bones away?"
  
 
We both laughed out loud, as he broke into a run.
 
I watched, as I always do, as he caught up with the others, on that path behind my house that somehow leads to K-9 Town. They were whooping it up, talking about what they had just done, then they were gone....

No comments:

Post a Comment