Friday, March 15, 2019

Babee Blue - K-9 Town puppy-ball coach




 
Hi everyone. Welcome back!

A little earlier, Major Diggs and I took one of our long walks.

During our walks, we patrol the outskirts of K-9 Town, always bumping into  members of my pack, doing the same thing.


We noticed we were passing more of us males than usual, and they all were moving fast. Then we saw why!

We were accosted by the females! Lots of them! The only thing missing were the picket signs. They wanted answers.
"When is puppy ball going to start!! The puppies have been practicing on their own and the balls (that Ma provided) are flying around everywhere."
Luckily we were one step ahead of them. We let them know that Head Coach Major Diggs was getting an assistant coach who would be available soon.
It wasn’t working until we told them that my little brother, Babee Blue, was taking the position.
“Good choice,” they all agreed. "Babee is serious about playing ball and a born leader."

Babee is much loved by all at K-9 Town. We all feel the same. This will be another way to keep him close.  
The females went happily on their way, though we could hear them muttering about how much fun the puppy ballgames are. This year would be even better than last.
Makes you wonder about the real reason for the uproar.
Those females. Lol.

Meanwhile back at home, Babee Blue is about to explain his new job to Ma, unaware that she has already given her permission to Omar and Major Diggs.
It’s the interaction with her Babee that she loves. Can’t wait until he’s ready to let her know. Here goes:





“Guess what, Ma. I have a very important job,” was Babee’s intro.
“Oh!” said Ma, loving where this conversation was going. “What will you be doing at your young age?”
“I’m going to be Uncle Major Diggs’ assistant coach for the puppy ballgames at K-9 Town.”
“That sounds like a pretty big job for such a little fellow and suppose I miss you too much, then what?”
Babee detected a slight smile and knew she was just kidding him. He became excited.
“You can come to all the games. You do that anyway, Ma,” he added.
Do you remember the last puppy ballgame we went to, Babee," asked Ma. Those little cuties became pretty hard to handle. Remember…

...one of the refs called time-out for this team, for using unnecessary roughness. Boy, were those puppies angry.


...when this team decided to run out on the field and grab the other teams' balls, they were put on a time-out penalty.





...the game was a real thriller. Remember puppy Polo using one of the "fake out" plays Major Diggs had just taught him. Lil Blackie cried foul because Diggs hadn't showed it to him yet. Everything stopped so he could be shown that move too. Then they continued. I was falling out of my seat with laughter. Omar and the others were howling.
 


...here's referee Bella about to throw in the ball for the last play of the game. By then he had a hard time finding one.


I found out later that baby Louie had spent his spare time hiding every ball he came across. He got caught because he couldn't control his last batch. 

I admit, Babee Blue, it was the best ballgame I ever went to. 
I watched Major Diggs as Polo walked with him off the field, yapping excitedly.

It was after that game that Diggs decided he’d have more fun on the sidelines.
Now Babee Blue, are you sure you want to be an assistant coach. It’s a pretty big job.”
"Yeah, Ma. I’m ready for my new job. I’m a big boy. I can do it." assured Babee.


"In that case, yes, it’s okay with me and I’ll be at every game.
Now go put on your uniform. Your training is supposed to begin shortly."
My big boy.  So handsome in his uniform.
 







No comments:

Post a Comment