Monday, May 15, 2017

Omar Blue - The Takeover - Why The Hate

My little brother Babee Blue is finally home! Ma brought him home. She says I can't take him to K-9 Town today because he's too little. I'll see what she says tomorrow.






In the meantime, I'm Babee sitting. (pun intended) I have to watch him every minute, Ma says, until we teach him right from wrong.


"Stop eating that grass, Babee Blue!!"



While laying here sunning and watching Babee Blue, I'm thinking about my pack at K-9 Town.


My older brother Thor, from Iron Dog Land, said wolf Bennie Ba had him captivated when he told him about how he grew up and how the hate began between him and Shocka Din.

I'm going to let you in on it.


Excerpt from The Takeover.....



Thor finally got a chance to be alone with Bennie Ba after every male, female, and puppy had welcomed him. During the welcoming, he had taken the opportunity to confirm his thoughts about Omar’s pack. Thor knew fighters. There wasn’t one dog here he wouldn’t be happy to have at his side in a situation that demanded bravery. Each member of the pack looked him in the eyes, respectfully, but as equals. He liked that. 

Thor knew about Bennie’s past as The Ghost. He wanted to hear more about Shocka Din and his followers, their strengths, and weaknesses. He was also c
urious about how the hatred had started between the wolf Bennie Ba and timber wolf Shocka Din.

As if reading his mind, Bennie began.


 “I guess I can tell you all you want to know.

Shocka and me are close in age, with just about the same start.

As a little pup I was sickly. My Ma and Pa were wild. One day they decided I was too much trouble. They up and left me to fend for myself.

I was sad and afraid at first, but that didn’t last. I was lucky. The things I found to eat made me big and strong. My sickness passed.

I met Shocka when we were both young. He and his siblings had lost their Ma and Pa in a fire. There were three of them.

I showed them how to hunt and find food to stay alive. Shocka and I got along but the other two were mean and sneaky. They hated me because I was white colored and different. They didn’t like that I could live on my own because they knew they couldn’t.

I never said anything to Shocka Din but I knew they were going to try something one day. I stayed on my guard.

I was off by myself when they finally got up the nerve to jump me. They didn’t know me as well as they thought they did.

Being young, strong and more dangerous than they knew, I killed one and hurt the other real bad.

When Shocka returned and saw what I had done, we fought. He was a better fighter than both of them put together. We hurt each other pretty bad, but survived to go our separate ways.

He became a feared pack leader. I became The Ghost,” Bennie recalled.

“Our hate continues, though if I were him I would have done the same that day.

I admit to taking out a few of his followers, who thought they would get in Shocka’s good grace by doing away with me.

Our paths have crossed many times, each time ending in bloodshed. Then there was the nastiest fight of all, but that’s the one that led me to Omar Blue and the rest of my family here. I’m not even mad about that one anymore.”

Thor looked at Bennie and said, “I would have loved to have been at your side for some of those fights.”

 “Wish you were,” Bennie answered as both of them grinned and imagined the outcomes.


Bennie Ba was glad to have Thor with him. There was something about Thor that reminded him of himself. They were drawn to each other and had become good friends in a short time.

Bennie continued by telling Thor all he could about the situation at hand.

They agreed something had to be done to help Omar. Neither wanted to admit their desire for action was really because they were unable to stay idle. Both knew that Omar was a formidable opponent and could handle any situation that might arise.

Bennie and Thor were working on solving their dilemma when Major Diggs walked up and looked at each of them suspiciously.

-----------------------------------
That's how the hate between Bennie Ba and Shocka Din started. It makes me know how lucky I am to have grown up with so much love from my Ma's and Pa's.
Babee Blue is going to know the same kind of love, between Ma, my K-9 Town pack and me of course.














No comments:

Post a Comment