Sunday, May 19, 2013

Omar Blue And the New Publisher Party

 
Last night Omar had the party to celebrate our new Publishers, Sweatshoppe Publications, for Led By An Eagle.
 
The day started with Omar pacing in and out of the house, up and down in the yard. I was glad when Dr. Watson from next door came over to keep him company. Then Guinness Goheen, Lucy Grim and boxers Bell and Buster Sanders arrived.
 
 
All came in except Guinness and Lucy. So used to the routine, they were going to wait for Sophie and Major Diggs outside and go straight to K9 Town where they knew the female Elders were waiting for them and the fun was already starting.
 
 
Spartacus Maximus and his new little sister, Athena came next. Spartacus wouldn't bring her in because she said she had to tinkle. I think she just wanted to stay out with some of the others who were arriving.
 
 
Major Diggs and Schoolmarm Sophie Jean came and brought some of the K9 Town dobie puppies for Athena to play with and before long she was playing with her new friends like she was a part of the family, which she now was. They told her all about the other puppies she'd soon meet. Spartacus came inside, knowing Athena was in good hands with the ever alert Sophie and Diggs. What a good big brother he is.
 

 
 
Everything was going just fine, I thought, until Omar told me he had a surprise for me after I heard a noise in the den. I went in with him following me.
 
What a surprise it was! Some of Omar's canine kin, including his Ma and Pa, Sai Fon and Nitro were here. I couldn't believe my eyes. I hadn't seen them since I had acquired Omar Blue at eight weeks old. They didn't like the camera so I respected their wishes and didn't take any front shots but I had to have something or you'd never believe me.
 
I grabbed a seat and listened while they told about Iron Dog Land, their home and how much fun they had when Omar and his pack came to visit.
 
Omar's brother Thor did most of the talking. Sai Fon and Nitro were busy casting loving glances at Omar. They were so cute.
 
 
I hadn't really thought about it, at least not much, but when Thor said Omar's granny Minni Mor was at K9 Town with the two Seers, Rasta Mama and Great Dane Granny, and they were fixing a surprise for the celebration, that was it, I was going to the party!
 
In the meantime the three welcome visitors kept us mesmerized. By "us" I mean me and all of Omar's guests and by that time there was a considerable number. Here's an example, Bell and Buster and Dr. Watson.
 
 
   
 
It was soon time for Omar and company to leave for the party. I had my strategy planned out by then. I watched as they went down the road and as usual, all of a sudden I could no longer see them. Major Diggs and Sophie had long ago taken the puppies back to K9 Town. Not taking any chances with their safety.
 

 
I wished Dr. Watson had gone with the puppies but that would have been an insult. I did notice as they were walking that I could barely see him but only because he was up front with Omar, Sai Fon and Nitro. Those dogs take care of their own.
 
I wasn't able to get to the party until very late. My mojo just wasn't working. I think Omar had something to do with that, but...... I couldn't have arrived at a better time.

I had just gotten comfortable in some bushes where I could see everything when across the sky came an image that I'll remember the rest of my days. I got it for you. Look at this! 

 
After seeing this wonder at night, under the stars, I didn't need to stay any longer. I was out of my league but loving it. I couldn't wait to get home and share what I'd seen. OMG!
 
I didn't tell Omar I had been at the party, of course. Though I don't think he would have been surprised. What Minni Mor, Rasta Mama and Great Dane Granny had prepared was better than the Coney Island fireworks of my childhood and that's saying a lot.
 
I know you may have a hard time believing my true tales but as I always say, "pictures don't lie." Or, do they.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A special thanks to friends and family for some of the wonderful pictures. I hope you'll visit that cute gentlemen doggie Spartacus Maximus on Facebook. He's quite the celebrity. I'm sure little Athena will be shortly too. Thank you Linda.

I can't say enough about the artist, Abby Tatreau for letting me use her artwork to complete my true tale. Thanks Abby.

The K9 Town, USA and Iron Dog

Land characters you've just read

about can be found  in  "Led By An

Eagle,"  available from Sweatshoppe

Publications. Friendship, family,

love and even romance in this Omar

Blue exciting adventure.






 



 





 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new publisher! That is very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen. Hope you'll come back to see us. My Omar is always up to something.

      Delete
  2. It looks like a great time was had by all! This is an exciting time for all of us at Sweatshoppe Publications, too. Thanks for being a part of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Craig. I really think the best is yet to come for us, and our readers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete