Saturday, March 3, 2012

Omar Blue and the K-9 Town Peepers

It seemed extra dark that rainy evening
I was sitting with Omar Blue
Cozy in front of the fireplace
Watching TV too.












Then Omar started to tell me
In that way I understand
About three new members of his pack
That arrived from a far off land.

“We’ve named them the K-9 Town Peepers
They’re right outside the door
I knew you’d want to meet them
And I admit there’s a little more.”

I didn’t let him finish
Couldn’t wait to see
I love when members of Omar’s pack
Come to visit me.












But these three were very different
Peepa’, Peepbee and Peepcie
I turned to look at Omar
And found him staring at me.


We led them to the living room
Where they communicated to me
Their gift of sharing with the pack
All that they may see.












Omar asked if they could accompany
Daughter Joy and Me
When we’re out talking about K-9 Town
Because the pack would like to see.

They know so much about the bad things
That mean humans like to do
Can we show them some of the good things
Let them know there are more like you.

I didn’t let on how glad I’d be
To have the K-9 Town Peepers around
I could hardly believe this was happening
I agreed without making a sound.

They left that night the way they came
As soon as I shut the door
I put more logs on the fire
No need to say anything more.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Those K-9 Town Peepers are so cute. Daughter Joy and I can’t wait to show them off at our upcoming events. They’ll be with us when we’re reading Omar Blue and K-9 Town, USA and putting on our special presentation at hospitals, libraries, schools, community centers and when we’re reading to our senior citizen friends. They will also be with us at upcoming fundraisers and conventions.  Now you know why there was nothing to talk about after the K-9 Town Peepers left Omar Blue and me. My wheels were already spinning. I have a feeling his were too.  Stay tuned….

2 comments:

  1. The Peepers are adorable! Willoughby (my blog coauthor) used to go with me to book signings and he was always the center of attention for the kids. Does Omar ever go with you to your events?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're back and like the K-9 Town Peepers. No, Omar doesn't particularly care for attending the events. He'd rather stay in the backgroud with his K-9 Town buddies, searching for the abused and lonely. I think he likes the wild side. Now they have the Peepers. What next!
    Hope you'll come back to see.

    ReplyDelete