Sunday, September 18, 2011

Days Of Our Lives

This is how it started Saturday
For daughter Joy and me
We were going to Elmcroft of Chesterfield
To keep our seniors company.

Oh what fun we’d have with them
Gonna make it a special day
We had a plan all worked out
Gonna do this our way.


Here’s Omar waiting to go with us

He loves the seniors too
Didn’t want to
But we had to say no
Just too many things to do.
That was okay, he understood
He’d seen us pack the truck
So off he went to K-9 town
A good deal we had struck.

We left too, daughter Joy and I
Off to read my “Omar Blue”
While Joy projected the pages
They’d see the pictures too.

While setting up our “production”
You’ll never guess what we found
Our projector bulb had blown out
And there were no more around.

Oh why did we buy from Craig’s List!
As if neither of us knew
For several hundred dollars
Our projector could have been new.
WE BOTH LAUGHED OUT LOUD

But that was the end of our special treat
What else could we do
We used our displays more effectively
And our bookmarks helped out too.













Then we held our book and shirt giveaway
And oh was I surprised
At the bigger pictures
On the winner’s shirt
She saw it in my eyes.

I said, don’t you think we need to trade
She said, what’s wrong with you
If you touch my shirt just one more time
I'm gonna get mad at you.














I guessed that meant she loved it
See the pretty smile on her face
Those smiles mean more than anything
So glad we found that place.

Now Joy and I are moving on
To Heritage Oaks next week
And as for that projector of ours
Hope it’s only a bulb we seek.
- - - - - - - - - -
WHAT A FUN DAY WE ALL HAD. ANOTHER WONDERFUL MEMORY.
We hope you’ll take another moment to read what we’re all about at http://newbookjournal.com/2011/09/omar-blue-and-k-9-town-usa-by-o-warfield/

1 comment:

  1. What a great ministry to seniors you have and I tweeted your post and shared it on FB. Love your photos of the seniors!

    ReplyDelete