Saturday, April 30, 2011

Omar Wasn't Having It

I took my Omar shopping
At an upscale doggie store
He thought we were going for his food
But I intended to do more.

I'd been thinking about his K-9 pack
And how cute they all would be
Especially the females and puppies
With a few trinkets from me.

Omar wasn't having it
Wouldn't even look at me
I couldn't get my point across
I thought this time he'd see.

No way Ma.
 "Omar won't you listen
It's not that big a deal
Just some trinkets for your Pack
Don't worry about the bill."

Omar still didn't look at me
Determined to stand his ground
Then decided he would tell me
"We don't need no trinkets around.

Ma, we don't live in the city
It's more than country too
A wilderness you'll never know
No way to explain it to you.

So let's hold off on the trinkets
They may be fine one day
But right now things in K-9 Town
Are better left this way."

I FINALLY UNDERSTOOD. DUH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment