Friday, June 19, 2020

Did I ever tell you about the time


I can't say too much about Babee getting into a little trouble now and then. When I was at home with Ma, I did my share. Of course, she had a way of making me regret stuff I did, that I knew I shouldn't have. Babee's still learning that part.


Here's one that got me in plenty trouble. Couldn't get out of it. Nothing worked. I thought she would appreciate the difficult circumstances, but she didn't. Bowed head, sad eyes, none of it! I had time to practice before she caught me, but that didn't help either. So there I was, again...



On lockdown, but it wasn't my fault

Ma left the meatloaf on the table

I didn't tell that phone to ring

But I was sure grateful, to Aunt Mable.

Belly full, I wasn't thinking clearly. I've never been able to bow gracefully. I should have known better. And I couldn't make my eyes look sad after what I'd done. So off I went, into the "room of shame." (Disregard my comfortable chair, the toys, and the bones.)

After "the incident" I dreamed about meatloaf for a long time.

Still do. Yum, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment