Friday, July 26, 2019

Babee Blue, Silvio and the K-9 Town Escapade


I was waiting for my friend, Silvio. He went with me to K-9 Town last weekend. I told him to take the shortcut through the lake. Here he is. Right on time.
 
We were surprised when we saw the K-9 Town females. They hadn’t visited Ma in a while, so it was time to check on her.
Poodle Sophie Jean came in to sit awhile.

Silvio, who had been talkative before her arrival, got quiet at the sight of her. He told me later that his heart stopped beating every time he looked at her. Hahahaha.

 
After Ma went out to greet the others, we were on our way. Silvio was so excited that his heart started beating again. Hahahaha.
As usual, we were surrounded by the pack as we traveled. Our safety always comes first. But guess what happened…...

We walked and talked, having so much fun
until we happened to see
that big mean grizzly, Dirty Sam
it’s not our way to flee.

Dirty Sam was relaxing
a big smile on his face
said, “I don’t know what you doing here
but I’m glad you found this place.”

 
Each female looked him in his eyes
but it was Wolfhound Winnie who spoke
“Dirty Sam you better clear outta here
or you’ll see we ain’t no joke.”


Dirty Sam knew Omar Blue’s pack
could call each one by name
so as he thought about his attack
he wondered if he were insane.


There was Wolfhound Winnie
Great Dane Jennie
Shepherd Molly too.

There was Pitbull Margie
Polly the Collie
just to name a few.

He wanted to get out of this
but had to keep his pride
he had to tell them something
to get them on his side.

He told them that his cubs were sick
so he couldn’t stick around
and backed out of this incident
no bruises to be found.

That night at the big supper
Omar Blue had something to say
“We saw you females in the woods
with Dirty Sam today.”


We almost started running
thought better of that real quick
we wanted to see how he’d get away
doggone that bear is slick.”

Omar went on to tell me and Silvio how the females hate when the males interfere. They have earned a reputation of being able to handle themselves very well.
The males abide by their wishes….as long as they aren’t in danger.

I nudged my friend, Silvio. He gave me a cool wink. I could tell he was having the time of his life but it was getting late. Omar and some of the other males were headed towards us. I knew what that meant.
We got Salvio home in no time at all. His Ma, Laurel T. Shaw Leslie, was waiting to hear all about his time at K-9 Town.

Unfortunately, Silvio was very tired and ready to call it a night, while his thoughts of the day were still fresh and would continue into his dreams.
She understood, as all Ma’s do. She knew when he woke up he’d be ready to tell all.



As usual, Ma was waiting up for me too.  She says I lasted about 5 minutes, stretched out, then all got quiet.

What a day!

Babee Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment