Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Omar Blue and the Partners for Life

Omar and I were out walking. It was a beautiful Saturday morning. As you can see, he was preoccupied.  Walk a minute, stop and look back for a minute, and so on. I know my Omar Blue and I could tell something was up.
 


 
It didn't take me long to find out what it was. As we walked around the back to enter the house, there he was.  The beautiful wolf Bennie Ba was waiting for us. So cautious, he would never come close. He would wait for Omar to call him in.


 


It was obvious by the look on his face that he needed something. What could it be? I told Omar to call his buddy in. I've always had a soft spot for Bennie. He's come a long way from his wild wandering days as The Ghost. You can see how he got his name.
 
Bennie was ready to ask Wolfhound Winnie to be his Life Partner. But, he had lost his nerve and the opportunity had passed. Or so he thought. Even I knew that Wolfhound Winnie was just waiting for him to ask. She had been waiting since the first day she saw him, sick and wounded after a savage fight with some timber wolves. She had taken the lead as the females nursed him back to good health.
 
All of the above would have been easy to remedy but the pack had already started inviting friends to Bennie Ba and Winnie's announcement party at K-9 Town. You know how they love a party. Bennie Ba had to move fast. He needed my help.

I had some roses in a vase. I gave them to him and told him exactly what he had to do. He was nervous but excited and happier than I'd ever seen him, when he ran down that road they always take to go back home.

I noticed Omar didn't go with him. Usually he would have. Then it hit me.

Party! "Omarrrrrr." 
 
"I was getting ready to ask you, Ma. Can some of my friends meet here so we can leave for K-9 Town together like we always do?"

Before I had a chance to answer, there was a noise at the back door.

 
It was the Berry pooches. Aren't they something. Obviously, Omar had invited them. "Come on in," I said and they obeyed. I'd knock on Augustus Berry's door before he came looking, to make excuses for them. I have to admit, I was starting to get in the spirit of things. This was already getting exciting.
 
Not a minute had gone by, when we heard barking outside. Omar and I went out together.
 
It was those playful boxers Buster and Bella. Omar said they wanted to tryout for his ball team before coming in. He liked their moves. They were in.
 
Then came that handsome Crixus. He had slipped away with his new harness on. I have to remember to ask his Ma, Mary Davis where she got it.
 
I asked Omar if the show dogs were coming. He said they wouldn't miss this for the world but they were waiting for Britches. She should be finished soon. She just won another ribbon. Her cousin Rottweiler Brady is waiting for her at K-9 Town.
 
 
This time the doorbell rang. I knew who that was, without a doubt. It had to be that handsome fawn dobe Spartacus and his cute little sister Athena Puddy. They are used to waiting here for the others so they came right in and took a seat after sincere hellos and face licks.
 
 
I asked Omar if there were any more coming. Surely there couldn't be, but then I heard her. It was Lilly, aka Batdog. You may recall not so long ago, Omar went to New York to help her bring back some stray dogs. They are now living at K-9 Town getting ready for the celebration (if Bennie Ba did what I told him to.)I don't know how she got here but wherever she goes there is a rainbow near by. I think it's a portal. I heard her tell some of the others that she could drop them off after the party.
 
 
Omar's friend Sebastian Cabot and his little brother Elliotness were the last to arrive. They were excited about their first trip to K-9 Town after listening to the others tell how much fun they were going to have and what a wonderful place it was.
 
I was having a good time with them all, when Omar came over to me. He asked if I'd mind him leaving for a few minutes. He was very serious so I said, "Of course not, Omar," wondering what he was up to.
 
He wasn't gone long and when he came in he had me look out the window.



It was Tyson the Coonhound! His Mom is a deployed soldier and he's staying with that wonderful doggie caregiver Wendy Campbell. Not that he isn't well taken care of, as you can see he's beautiful, but he certainly deserves a trip to K-9 Town with the others for some real doggie fun.
 
I was so proud of Omar for thinking of him at a time like this.
 
It was time for them to go. Word had come that they should hurry. Wolf Bennie Ba had done it and even the show dogs had arrived.
 
So off they went. Down that road behind my land, that takes them where all is well.
 
It must have been some party. I didn't try to use my Mojo to go see. I waited it out this time.
 
I was at the window washing dishes when Omar Blue returned home the next morning after making sure all the guests got home safely. He was wearing a fancy shawl he said the show dogs had brought him and still dancing and howling the tunes of Lufa the Bloodhound.
 

He brought me a message from Bennie Ba saying he had done exactly as I told him to. Look at him. No way Wolfhound Winnie could say anything but yes.
 
 
That must have been some celebration.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment