Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Fun Night With The Disabled Vets

Was a wonderful night at Veteran's Hospital in Virginia.

Lights low, slide show behind me, and you could hear a pin drop. What storyteller could ask for more on a cold winter's night.

I was reading from my book "Led By An Eagle" while the audience had hot liquids and snacks.


 
I was the happy greeter while hoping we would have an audience considering what the weather was like outside. I didn't have long to wait as they arrived in small groups. 

 
A few books already gone, this was our door prize table.
 
The raffles are always exciting. That's daughter Joy calling the numbers in the background.
 
 
After songs were sung by talented singers daughter Joy and good friend Semora Killings, which I will add to this post shortly, we had our audience in the palms of our hands, I'm happy to say.


 

Before leaving we took a group picture with the prize winners.



We've been asked to return and I promised we would, again, and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment