Monday, October 21, 2013

Omar Blue and the Halloween Craze

Can I have a Halloween costume?
 
It was completely beyond me. Omar didn't tell me anything except he and his canine friends were having a ball. I didn't think he meant that literally until he said he wanted a Halloween costume. "Just something simple."

Of course I thought this was a marvelous idea so I scurried before he changed his mind, not knowing that as usual, his plans were already in motion.

Later that afternoon, we settled on this. Conservative but in the spirit of Halloween. He liked it. Handsome thing.

Thanks Ma.
 
I was wondering what all this was really about when I heard a familiar low bark at the door. Look at him, pretending he wasn't expecting anything.

I could tell it was my little buddy Spartacus Maximus and couldn't wait to see him. He always has a surprise for me, and this time he didn't disappoint. Is he cool, or what.

 
Hi Ms. Olyn. Can I see Omar please?
 
"Okay, you guys! What's going on? Now!"
 
Thank goodness I can somehow understand them. Don't even need my mojo for that.
 
They said they were waiting for a few others and were just going to hangout at K9 Town for awhile. When Omar told me they were expecting Rottweiler Brady, I could hardly believe him. Brady never leaves K9 Town, USA. Well hardly ever.
 
He came out to get his sister Pia so she could enjoy Halloween fun with them. Here's Brady with Pia's pet parent, Barbara. You can tell they know each other.
 
How did I get myself into this?
 
She's furnishing his Halloween costume, though I'm sure it's not what he had in mind. He looks happy though. Lol.
 
When they finally arrived, Pia didn't want to come in. I think she thought she was living the wild life, being away from home for awhile. Somehow Barbara must have known she'd be in good hands.
 
She was so cute and dressed so pretty. I know you can barely see her but this is the best I can do. Believe me, she's a beauty.
 
 

Omar said they were waiting for one more, then would be leaving. Other pack members were out of K9 Town getting family members to come share Halloween fun with them too. Just sitting around dressed funny, playing and acting silly, was their plan. I thought that was wonderful. He said they had to do everything before Halloween because Halloween night was for the puppies and that was going to be the most fun of all.
 
By then, I was excitedly waiting to see what would be next. I didn't have to wait long before there was a scratch at the door.
 
Omar Blue please.
 
I was speechless. A bulldog Yoda. Precious! I would have picked him up and cuddled him but didn't want to mess up his outfit.
 
That was all I could handle. I kept them with me as long as I could but then they left, and in a moment were out of sight, as I watched them on their way to K9 Town.
 
Omar came home pretty late. He was still excited, admitting this was the best (first) Halloween he and the other Elders had ever celebrated.
 
I couldn't keep my eyes off of him, wondering how this could happen. He had a completely different look. Look at him!
 
What?
 

When I asked him how this happened, he just said the female Elders did it. I didn't ask any questions because I didn't want any answers. As usual, I was going with the flow.
 
I could tell Omar was tired so I got him ready for bed and before I knew it, he had curled up with his favorite bone, fast asleep. Dreaming, I'm sure, about his pack, their friends and his beloved K9 Town, USA.
 
 

---------------------------------------------------
 
A very special thanks to my friends who never mind my including their loved ones in my "true tales," and to Eve Wickman who pinned little Yoda on Pinterest for all to enjoy.
 
If you're like me and can't get enough of Spartacus Maximus, visit his Facebook page. You're sure to enjoy it.
 
We hope you'll come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment